Saturday, January 31, 2015

Mr. and Mrs. Pearson, part II

I have gotten a few responses to my last blog that make me think that I need to add something.  I am really appreciative of the encouraging and reassuring responses I have gotten.  I kinda think we all have some sad or traumatic experiences of childhood that are not completely resolved and maybe never will be. Things we look back on as adults from the perspective of being adults.  I am not suffering terribly with this memory.  But my relationship with the Pearson's and the abrupt and sad way it ended is a profound and poignant aspect of who I am. That's a big part of what I learned about suffering and trauma in my work with refugees in the last ten years of my career.  Well, that's it.  Let us take comfort in one another and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment