Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Random Thoughts

Well, friends and fellow travelers. I wonder who is reading this thing.  There must be an as yet undiscovered spot where I can see the number of people who have looked at it.  Thank the Lord I am not trying to earn money at this endeavor.  I have been thinking about a few little things this morning.  For instance, I used the following phrase to describe myself this morning in a journal entry: "I feel that I am warding off bats while trying to walk a tight rope across a giant vat of barracudas."  Auntie Mame, as portrayed by the great Rosalind Russell might say, "How very vivid.".  I also thought about the phrase, "Fear disguised as love."  Anyway these are my personal musings.  In the meantime,  over the weekend Steve and I saw Phillip Seymour Hoffman's last movie, "The Most Wanted Man", a John LeCarre' story.  It is really all about the idea that the truth is often hidden  in the gray areas of reality.  Reminded me that I am easily sold a bill of goods if I just listen to the surface of things, such as can be found on network news or mediocre newspapers.  That if I want to be a citizen of the planet, that I need to find a wide variety of ways to be informed about the goings on of humanity.  Then there's Phillip Seymour, himself.  What loss to the world of his gift to the terrible disease of addiction.  I hope he woke up in a place that looks sort of like the picture above.  "Needle and the damage done, the little part of it in everyone". Neil Young got that one right.   Til next time....

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture Linda and I have Phillip woke up in a place like that too. I loved his acting voice and the characters he played.

    I'm with you on wondering how many people read our blog posts. Looking at the numbers or lack thereof can be disconcerting. I think there is a way to track it but not sure if that would filter out the spammers or bots. Anyway, it's good to have a place to vent your thoughts, feelings or record happenings no matter the numbers. I read somewhere when I was looking into blogging that many will read but few will comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to say I HOPE Phillip woke up, not have. :o

    ReplyDelete